“I've been coming here regularly for a few years for various treatments (massage, facial, waxing) and never had a bad experience! The girls are all knowledgeable, friendly, and on top of their game.”Read more of our reviews on Yelp »
What you put into your body reflects on the outside through your skin. Eating healthy is important for having youthful, supple skin that turns heads. We wanted to share with you our Top 8 Foods for Amazing Skin and our Favorite Healthy Summertime Recipes!
1. Red and Green Vegetables are enriched with Vitamin A and beta carotene. They brighten skin and smooth the skins texture. Examples are carrots, sweet potatoes, and spinach.
2. Seafood is full of Omega 3 fatty acids and zinc. It improves clarity, texture, and gives your skin a healthy glow. Seafood also helps to reduce inflammation that cause aging. We love Salmon!
3. Citrus fruits like oranges, bell peppers, and tomatoes have Vitamin C. This antioxidant neutralize free radicals. It also helps smooth and taunt the skin.
4. Avocados are loaded with the heart healthy, good fat and are high in fiber, potassium, and Vitamin C. They help prevent dry skin and plump up your skin to make it more youthful looking.
5. Nuts are a good source of Vitamin E which help preserve the youth of your skin and softens skin texture. The Vitamin E also combats skin aging and protects against UV sunlight.
6. Water to keep you hydrated.
7. Berries are very high in antioxidants that will help repair your cells from the damage caused by free radicals. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc Berries help make the skin supple and smooth by aiding the manufacture of collagen.
8. Whole Grains provide Vitamin B which help clear skin and moisturize.
Erin’s Healthy Summertime Recipe
I love to make salads during the summertime … Arugula, watermelon, blueberry feta cheese salad and garnish with a little balsamic dressing It’s nice, light and hits the spot. The watermelon contains vitamin A which supports cell growth and differentiation, playing a critical role in the normal formation and maintenance of the heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs. And the blueberries have antioxidants to help fight against aging. Then Feta is lower in fat compared to other cheeses and is low in carbs, but adds lots of flavor. The result is a healthy, yummy salad that is easy to through together for a nice summer night dinner.
Larissa’s Healthy Summertime Recipe
My family loves it when I make a fresh berry fruit salad. I use organic strawberries, blueberries, black berries, and raspberries. Mix them in a bowl and add vanilla yogurt. You can also do it with cottage cheese, add a healthy squeeze of honey, and sprinkle sliced almonds on top. It is super delicious and can be ate as a breakfast, desert, or snack. This is great, simple recipe for summertime!!
In Health & Beauty,
Erin and Larissa